Nature Kids Weekday Sessions
Nature Kids – Weekday Sessions.
Nature Kids weekday sessions are nature-based learning experiences for kids aged 7 - 12. Perfect for homeschoolers or as a one-day* alternative from mainstream school.
Facilitated by Kathy Broadhead, a qualified and experienced teacher and environmental educator. Each day we will explore nature across a broad theme by blending focused educational experiences, child-led learning and nature play. Each session will build on the next, so ideally kids join one day a week for the whole 8 weeks.
At Nature Kids, our Kaupapa is to be curious, creative, caring and collaborative. We investigate, discuss, create, take notes, draw and explore nature, outside all day.
Our days are a mix of adventurous and creative nature-based experiences. We spend our day exploring nature in public areas (this term in Mount Maunganui). We have a base set up with shelter but are off exploring different nature spaces so this involves some walking with our backpacks on.
Magical Marine - Term 2. 2019.
Our central theme for the term is Marine some of the focuses for our theme will be:
- Rock Pool Rambles (so much to explore & learn here)
- Marine Plants – the lungs of the planet
- Marine Mammals - local NZ seals, Dolphins & Whales.
- Fish, including Sharks and Rays
- Sea birds – including Little Blue Penguins at the Mount
- Marine conservation
- Visit to Marine Lab
- Plus, we also enjoy free nature play. Nature art and connection games.
Term 2. 2019
Thursday at the Mount ~ Magical Marine
Drop the kids off one day a week on Thursday, 9 / 9.30 am – 3 pm.
Thursday at Mount Maunganui:
8 week term. Dates: May 9, 16, 23, 30. June: 6, 13, 20, 27.
If you haven’t already, check out some blog posts here about my School Holiday Programme for a snapshot of what Nature Kids Weekday Sessions will be like. And here are some reviews:
If you'd like more info or to chat contact Kathy:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 842 5645
To BOOK click here: Booking Form
Please note: due to the nature of our sessions operating in public nature spaces, Nature Kids may not be suitable for kids with high level needs, please contact Kathy to discuss.
* Under the Education Act 1989, school principals may authorise any student to attend alternative education outside the school premises. This is often referred to as a one-day school.